Having issues with your Xact monitor? This checklist should help.
For monitors that are not working properly, it’s important to first go through the troubleshooting steps below. If you are still having issues after performing these steps, please reach out to
TROUBLESHOOTING FOR GAUGE READERS
1. Check the battery life. If it gives readings below 5v it may need to be replaced.
2. Make sure there is no water or ice inside of the component.
3. Make sure the device, cable, and clip is not damaged or defective.
4. Make sure the gauge itself isn’t stuck or defective.
5. Make sure there are no trees or objects above the device that may interfere with the satellite
6. Recalibrate and recommission the unit.
TROUBLESHOOTING FOR ULTRASONIC SYSTEMS
1. Make sure there is no water or ice inside of the component. Moisture can cause a large variety of issues.
2. Make sure the device is properly installed and isn’t damaged.
3. Make sure there are no trees or objects above the device that may interfere with the satellite communication.
4. Check for water, rust, or sediment that has built up inside the bottom of the tank. This can cause measurements to be stuck at a low percent, or for the measurements to be volatile and inconsistent. It may also show up as an 'Invalid Reading' on the monitoring portal.
To test, try moving the ultrasonic monitor to another location underneath the tank and taking another reading. You may need to try this multiple times to find "sweet spot" underneath tank that gives the best reading.
5. Make sure the bottom of the tank isn’t dirty or has paint chips. This can interfere with the device ‘PING’ being able to get through the bottom of the tank.
6. Check the battery life. If it gives readings below 6v it may need to be replaced.
7. Recalibrate and recommission the unit.
Still no luck? Chat below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more help.